Berger Houseboats Holidays operate the most modern, spacious fleet of house-boats available to cruise the Tweed River in NSW, just south of the Gold Coast.
Standard Features - All Boats
We're looking after the environment with solar power* for electrical needs, gas hot water and stoves, and LED lighting throughout, on EVERY vessel in our fleet!
And apart from the special features of each boat, to ensure your outing is a getaway with so much fun, standard features included on every vessel are:
- 48cm Colour TV/DVD player
- CD player (MP3 and I-Pod compatible) with music piped upstairs on boats with upper deck
- Fridge/freezer, plus ice chest
- Gas stove/oven and grill
- Safety gear inluding life jackets, life rings, first aid kit and fire extinguishers
- Outdoor furniture
- Area maps and manuals
- NSW fishing License
- Compulsory onboard instructions prior to departure
- No licence or prior boating experience required
- Dingy with oars (outboard extra)
- 240-volt power* (for nebulisers, video cameras, and ... if you must! ... mobile phone chargers and games consoles.)
- Please NOTE:
- No pets allowed
- No firearms
- No beer kegs
- Hirer must be over the age of 21
- See also Hire Terms/Procedures
* A time limit of 3 hours a day for the usage of items that require 240v power is advised.
- Bed Linen Hire - $10 per double, $5 per single
- Dinghy outboard motor hire: $60 weekend, $60 midweek, $75 week
- Fishing Rods: $5 weekend/midweek, $10 weekly
- Groceries: cost + 10% or buy your own supplies direct from Coles Online
- Drinks: cost + 10%
Items to Bring
- Food and drinks (these can be purchased for you by prior arrangement, or you can make your own purchases at Coles Online for delivery direct to your boat at boarding time
- Swimmers*, beach towels, hats, sun screen lotion
- Bath towels (these can be hired from us)
- Fishing gear - bait, ice (rods can be hired from us, and bait and ice can be purchased at the marina)
- Binoculars, Birding field guides
- Torch* (one is provided, however another may be handy)
- DVDs and CD's
- Books and games in case of rainy weather
- Soft luggage bags. These are easier to stow, due to small amount of space on the houseboats.
- Please be sure to confirm arrangements regarding bed linen
*Speedos, togs, bathers, bathing suit. Flashlight to North Americans
ParkingSecure parking is available for $25.00 per vehicle midweek/weekend and $30 per week. Alternatively, vehicles can be left at the marina car park.
- Ice Bags - we suggest:
- We have bags of ice and blocks of ice available.
- There is a bottle shop about 800 metres from the marina if you require drinks, etc.
- Coles and Woolworths supermarkets are at nearby Tweed Centro (Tweed Heads) or Tweed City (Tweed Heads South) or you can purchase direct from Coles Online for delivery direct to your boat